This year ive had a time with factory ammo. Started with my 300magnum a couple weeka ago but this time it happened to my go to deer rifle, my Remington 700 7mm08. I had went to the range last week with it, and it was throwing rounds everywhere with no consistency at all. I was shooting factory Hornady American Whitetail ammo that ive used for the last 3 seasons. Now ive never gotten tack driving accuracy with them but never had no trouble getting 1-1/4in groups at 100yards which is fine for my uses with this particular gun, but this time it looked more like a shotgun hit the targen than my favorite deer rifle. Now Earlier this summer i had upgraded the stock to a B&C alaskin and put a better scope on it(2.5-10 Nikon Monarch) so i wasnt sure if something was going on with one of those upgrades or not. I went back today and tried the American Whitetails again with the same issues, hitting everywhere, i couldn’t measure the shots but id guesstimate 4-5inch group with 6 shots. I was to the point of wanting to throw that scope away, I figured that had to be it. I happened to have a box of Winchester Ballistic Silvertips on hand and decided id just try em. Bingo groups came back. I put 4shots into a inch. I Really hate to use ballistic tips on deer anymore after having a bad experience before with them exploding on a shoulder but may have to switch back. Any ideas what could of caused these hornadys to be so unreliable this year?

Last edited by Nate40; 10/17/17.

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.