When I worked in the gunsmithing department at Browning Arms Co. I worked on many rifles sent in for accuracy complaints. Usually the problem was found to be one of the following, loose scope mount rings or base, fouled bore, crown damage or bedding problem. We always mounted a shop Leupold scope tightening the customer's base, cleaned the bore with JB compound (some looked as though the owner never cleaned them), checked the guard screws for proper tightening and checked for crown wear/damage. If those steps failed to produce acceptable accuracy then we examined the bedding. We scraped the barrel channel to relieve any uneven pressure points reassembled and shot for group again. If we didn't get an acceptable group then adding a little forend tip pressure usually solved the problem. Very seldom was it necessary to re-crown or go to the extreme of replacing the barrel. One thing I learned is that you cannot tell how a barrel will shoot based on the bore's appearance. I saw lots of rifles with not so great looking bores that shot really well and conversely some with great looking bores that could not be made to shoot well. Good luck, hope some of this info helps you get your rifle shooting better.