Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Bangeye,

Back in the day all those T/C rifles were well made, accurate rifles! The Hawken, Renegade, Seneca, etc, were all top quality firearms! Well worth the cash!

I got a Renegade cheap because the tang/hook didn't sit right and the wood for several screws stripped.
Buddy bought it new, put a peep on the tang (and missed an elk).
I bedded the bbl, to get hook to sit right, redid screw holes and put bbl sight back on.
Then I shot about 100 patched and it then was good to go.

I mean really good to go...........like freakin' tack driver.
Don't think I ever put it on paper at 100 yds.
Maybe 50...........and can't remember.
Farthest MZ kill with that rig.

Did get a new Englander that was OK..........but after trigger job and being shot in..........cloverleafed on the bench at 100.

My Hawken Silver Elite is the only TC I've had (3 renegade, 1 New Eng and 1 Hawken)...........that had the QLA.
I hate it.
Gun the most temperamental TC I've had or seen.
Maybe something to do with the stainless?

It shoots OK, but would throw fliers now and then (left). Minimized occurance by going to musket cap and changing powder. Still happens, but to lesser amount and effect.
None of my blued TC's acted this way.

Plus the Hawken doesn't fit me like the others. Cracks my cheek something fierce. I've backed off the bullet weight and charge, less likely to take a smack.
I killed a couple of decent bucks with it, and it is pretty............so never dumped the turd.