They're low density, because of their range, they keep it that way on their own, that's why they disperse and become problems. So it's not like Coyote calling. But I've called as many as 2 dozen in a year back when I could go once per week for 3 months. Lots of dry days, burned lots of gas, and hiked lots of snow, (actually damaged my achilles a little bit doing it.) but when you get one coming in, especially if it's calling back to your vocals, it makes then next series of dry days totally worth it!

I was able to take two in three years back then.

Life has interrupted for several years, but the population is just going up, up, up, so I'm excited to get back out. Still can't go once per week, but I'm going to do what I can! Washington is doing what I predicted back in about '09, they're assimilating to rural development, and they're starting to do noticeably more damage. Good opportunities to call on sightings.

It's different compared to calling several coyotes per day, cold calling is very rarely successful. But if you have tracks, or a sighting or a kill, calling with distress and laid back vocals gives you really pretty good odds.

- - Steve
Rainshadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
www.rain-shadow.com

Mountain Lion Calling products, instruction, & stories!

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com