Below are the results of testing the Tract Optics Response 2-10x42mm for correct functioning and zero retention.

First- I do not work for, have ties to, or have any monetary or business connections to any scope manufacturer. I have no loyalty with scopes- only that they work correctly. Among other things I am paid to shoot, teach, and test equipment- that includes optics. I see over half a million rounds fired a year from a relatively small number of people/guns. It would be hard to name a scope that is marketed or suitable for use beyond MPBR that I have not used, tested, and seen fail.

With that out of the way....

I was contacted a few weeks ago about using/testing the Tract Response by a member here. It has been "tested" by a couple of members before me. Before I accepted it, I asked that it be cleared with whoever owns it as I would actually use it and it would either pass, or break/fail. I also wanted them to understand that I would relay the results exactly as they were, and give my honest thoughts and feedback- there would be no BS. I was given the go ahead and he shipped it to me.

I care about, in order-

1. Zero retention
2. Return to zero
3. Consistent adjustments
4. Correct adjustments and tracking
5. "Features"

As such, it was going to be tested for those things.

As it arrived-
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It looked to be brand new and unused. No scratches, no marks, no wear. Immediate thoughts are that it's a Nikon. The turrets are spring loaded reset to zero by pulling up, spinning and then releasing. There is no locking mechanism. Other than the novelty of it- poor design for actual use as just picking the scope up unlocks the turret.

The turrets are marked- "1 click= 1/4" @100yd". The product description on the website says the adjustments are ".25 MOA" per click. Which one is it? Do they understand that there is a difference?
[Linked Image]

As well, while it may be minor the power ring has quite a bit of play fore and aft. It's also something that I noticed the first time I handled a Vortex Viper PST... not one to really catenary about "fit and finish"... just noticed.

Pushed back with light pressure-
[Linked Image]

Pulled forward with light pressure-
[Linked Image]

Cont....