Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

Having a 1.5x larger group size with a $350 scope compared to a $1500 scope isn't that alarming to me. Can there be an issue with the scope, possibly, but it leaves some room for improvement.

The problem is, that whether $350 or $1500, that result indicates that the scope isn't mechanically working correctly. Optical quality and features take second fiddle compared to mechanical integrity.

Certainly understandable. For shooters looking for and needing a sub MOA competition scope, this may not be the choice for them. I just wanted to point out that consistent 1 MOA-1.5MOA may be better than some need or want, especially while it tracked that well. The other features may be what people like, want, and need.

Now, there may be an issue with this scope because of its use and abuse over a few reviews and members shooting it. Thats why I would like to get it back so we can narrow down what the problem maybe or if we can just improve it to be more competitive with the NF and similar scopes in regards to drops, etc. The first reviews posted of it from the members that shot and used it were favorable and it was up to their liking. But, its certainly not a $1500+ combat optic like a NF.

I want ALL my scopes, hunting or target, to be capable of pointing my bullet to the same pin-point POA every time. Then if I get MOA groups, I know that it's my rifle or load that is responsible, not my scope. The last thing I want nagging in the back of my mind is whether my rifle/load are actually capable of shooting 0.2-0.5 MOA, but my scope is jumping my POA all over the place within a 0.5-1 MOA circle. A rifle system that bugholes builds confidence, even if it'll only be used for hunting at 300 yards or closer. Field shooting is largely a mental game, and confidence in one's rifle is an advantage in that respect. I doubt there is a single hunter or target shooter here who, if given the choice between two identical rifle systems- one that shoots consistent 0.5 MOA groups, and one that shoots 1.25 MOA, would ever choose the 1.25 MOA rifle.

My SWFA SS's do this for $299. I'm confident that if TRACT is willing to listen to the customer and make the necessary improvements, it can put out scopes with the same mechanical integrity that the SS's have.