today we checked our 2 Browning BLR`s again that I purchased last year ,both are scoped and a pistol grip,S.S. not take downs. the 308 with 130 gr. x-bullets 3x9 leupold shoots under a 1/2 all day long off my cement bench at 100 yards ,I never thought a lever gun with a hammer would ever shoot this good, my son could use any of my guns some are real nice ruger # 1`s and expensive bolt guns but would rather just use this 308 win BLR, just because its kinda of a fun gun,easy to carry,very accurate and son was really happy to get it from dad last year for x-mas. now the 300 win. mag has a straight leupold 6x because of the recoil,and I also loaded 130 gr. barnes x bullets gun shoots 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards off my cement bench too. this 300 win. mag. has plenty recoil but in a lever gun with a hammer it is very powerful compared to the old lever guns and accurate out to 300-550 yards maybe farther ? the nice thing about BLR levers they all have a clip/magazine so you don`t ruin the front of a bullet like a old tube fed lever. I think I will buy a another BLR in a 243 WIN, I thought about a 358 win but really for now I see no reason to own that short range cartridge, besides I kinda like to buy grocery store cartridges meaning easy to find any place. these BLR Browning levers are unbelieveable in accuracy I can not say it enough compared to the old type hammer levers.

Last edited by pete53; 10/29/17.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman