So I get back from my 2nd elk hunt with unpunched tags. Then figure I better get better ready for an up coming deer muzzle loader hunt in Nebraska where scopes and sabots are legal.

I had an old Weaver V-7 that was always good ( at least the last time I use it) and I got it set up at home. A trip to the range ( which is a 90 mile round trip), had me scratching my head.I could not zero it and finally noticed the power adjustment lens was loose.I unscrewed it and pieces fell out.Back to the House. I had another V-7 on my Model 88 , .308 that was also good ( I thought). At least my .308 always shot true.

I got that off the 88, set it up on the ML and was back at the range two days later. I got the elevation set ,but was about 6" to the right. 6-8 shots later,I concluded the windage adjustment was bad.

Back to the house ( another 90mile round trip). No one in Colorado Springs had muzzle loader scope,so I settled for a Rifle Nikon Pro Staff, 2-7 at Bass Pro. ( It was not on sale). Back to the house,took that bad V-7 off, mounted the Nikon.Today,another 90 mile trip to the range. It's impossible, at least by me, to bore sight an inline ML , but I thought it was close. At 25 yards I was 8 " high.I cranked it down and the first 4 shots were still 2 feet high at 100yds. Finally got it set in, 1" high at 100 and then went to the 200 yard range just to check it. 10" low at 200. I can live with that as I don't shoot deer with a ML at 200 yards,but figured it was good to know .

270 miles in travel, 1/2 cannister of BH 209 and 30 Hornady SST Fusion saboted 240 gr bullets, freezing my butt of in 30 degree weather, and I think I am almost ready.Now I only have to sit with the heating pad tonight for couple of hours to get my bad shoulder settled down .

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles