gunner500,

Fwiw, my next "rifle remodeling project" that will head out to JES will be a long-action Model 760 (that I bought for "peanuts" with a rusted bore") that will be reformatted into a .400 Brown-Whelen Improved.
The .400B-WI is "the ballistic twin" of the old.404 Jeffery's & a 400 grain JSP or solid at about 2200FPS is quite suitable for taking any creature that still walks on Planet Earth. = I plan to use the same .412" bullets as the old .405 Winchester for GCCB loads.
(The .400BW-I is the most powerful cartridge that can be fire-formed form the .30-06 case. = As "your friendly neighborhood cheapskate", I like rifles that I can pick up hundreds of FREE once-fired cases for at our local range.)

In case you haven't guessed, I'm "addicted to" the old-school Remington pump-rifles (I currently own 6 of them in calibers from .244REM to the 9.3x62mm) AND am an admirer of Jessie's GREAT work. - I keep my eyes wide open for Model 760 rifles/carbines, that can be repaired/refinished & can be bought "on the cheap".
(Jessie does his "magic" for reasonable prices & his "turn-around time" is usually about 2 weeks.)

Note: IF anyone here knows of a Model 760 that's for sale in .257 Roberts, I would be a buyer. = I've looked for the .257 for well over 2 years, W/O success.

yours, satx

Last edited by satx78247; 11/13/17. Reason: addenda

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836