My brother and I are finishing our sight in for our upcoming muzzleloader hunt with our NEF Sidekicks and a NEF Huntsman

Had the preliminary sight in work done with 2 Sidekick and a newer Huntsman, all 50 caliber, with UnMentionable breech plugs. Had these 3 sighted in with the 3 holdpoint Cabelas scopes. Only difference today was colder weather here at 32 degrees vs 68 degrees last time we shot. (first time doing extensive shooting in colder weather) The shots hit as much a 10" lower today. Only thing that brought the group up somewhat was switching to CCI 209 Magnum primers that I've had forever vs. Federal 209A that I've always used

Have always used 84 weighed grains of Blackhorn 209 with Cecils Dead Center 200 grain bullets just like last year and the lot # of powder and primers are the same also. Have always used weighed charges but notice the volume can change from 111 grains to 115 grains in volume by weighing them vs pouring a 120 grain charge by volume.

Anyone notice that temperature changes can really affect Blackhorn 209 powder? Any other ideas?

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.