UPDATE*****To make a long story shorter I consulted with a friend who is a muzzleloader guru and with his reply I eventually figured that probably two of my identical lot numbered 4 pak of Blackhorn 209 came thru with seals that leaked air and one for sure that I have yet unopened has a leaky seal on the closure cap. My friend told me to do the squeeze test and sure enough one container of powder would take air out and in when squeezed slightly.

Being that I weighed my charges I had to increase the weight of my charge to get my impact back to where it was. I had no issues with the windage.

What I deducted from consulting with my friend, was that one of my remaining two unopened containers is not sealed. To figure this out I weighed an empty can of 209 and it weighed 2 ounces. One of the unopened containers weighed weighed 12 ounces (No air escape)and the other (a leaker) 12.8 ounces respectively. (They are filled exactly with 10 ounces of BH209 at the factory). So I deducted that this powder had taken on moisture to weigh in at 12.8 ounces.

From now on I will use a decent measure and do only volume charges doing every load the same way with the same number of taps to the side of the measurer each time to get to my load, seeing that weighing them may not always work.

That in my opinion was the biggest culprit I was facing. Took awhile but thanks to a friends advice, I finally figured it out.

BTW, I killed a nice 4x5 muley at 206 yards with my 24" 7/8" MU plugged Sidekick last Saturday morning using Blackhorn 209 and a PR bullet.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.