Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I'll be watching this one, Goat. I, too, favor a svelte scope when possible. These days it seems scopes getting bigger & more busy.

The FXII 4x33 or 6x36 would be about ideal for you, size-wise, if you wanted to stick with Leupold. I can't recall anyone ever knocking the zero-holding bona fides of those 2 scopes.

There was recently a thread trashing the Weaver K6's for eye relief and mounting length, but the size/magnification would be just about right for me. Then again, I'd probably go with a K4, being the Luddite that I am...

FC

You may be referring to my reporting of the experience I had with a new K6. I wasn't trashing, simply reporting what occurred when I tried to utilize one on several rifles. I kept one of the two scopes I ordered. The other, unopened, went back.

Based on what someone else here said, there has been a configuration change of the K6, lengthening the bell somewhat, which shortens the available tube space. Don't know for certain, as these two were my first. I really wanted the K6s to work for me, but was only able to use one, barely at that.

What fresh Hell is this?