I just purchased and am awaiting the arrival of a bushnell 3500 2-7 and after the 1st when i get paid I’m getting a Burris ffii and a k6. I have an optics test Called the “3000 mile -500round optics test” in which I throw the scope in some Talleys on a light rifle in an Allen soft case in behind the seat of a brutally rough riding 94 Toyota single cab. I drive it around that way in all kinds of terrain and even some pavement and intermittently take it out to shoot 1 3 round group to confirm zero- followed by shooting 3 round groups 1 round at a time into the square to check tracking. I will also hunt with them IOT determine actual practical capability on the ground. Not saying I’ve never dropped one, but typically the rifle and I both eat [bleep] rather than just one or the other of us-so you’ll need to get your drop test data and your USAF resolution chart data elsewhere. If I can read the license plate numbers of the cars coming and going from my (ex’s) house- it’s good enough for me. Anyway. The other caveat to the test is that I no longer have any hard kickers and the test will most likely be performed by a 223 or possibly a 7mm08. Anyway if all is well at the end of 3000 miles and 500 rounds and the in-field hunting reveals adequate real world capability then I will be happy to know that there are some options in the non tactical non Hubble non creedmore world. I don’t personally get too barred up about hunting stuff that is better past 400 yards than what I’ve got.

Last edited by 175rltw; 11/17/17.