Darrik at Whittaker took care of me on a trade for a 21" Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoore and I have gotten to shoot a few rounds through it. I loaded up a fairly arbitrary load of RL-17 and 140 VLDs in Hornady brass with CCI-200s and it shot well, so I bumped the charge a bit and settled on the load I'm shooting now. It's incredibly easy to shoot and carry; trigger is excellent, the stock is one of the better ones I've handled, the action is well thought out, and I very much appreciate the 3" magazine box. My only gripe so far is that after the trigger is pulled, the bolt is a bit stiff to lift (even when dry firing, not a pressure issue). It carries and balances very well with my current optic and mount setup (SWFA 10x42 in SWFA chunky ass rings on a Talley 0MOA rail).

Overall, I would say these rifles render custom hunting rifles pretty much out of the question for me and I will be buying another in the future. Should be a very solid backpack hunting rifle.

7 rounds at 570 yards with the 140 VLD load are marked with red on a 12" steel plate. The other splatters are from another rifle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]