The Tikka T3 and Barrett Fieldcraft seem to be taking up a lot of bandwidth recently here at the 24 HC. I have to admit I've been a long running Tikka fan for a lot of years but this new Barrett Fieldcraft has really peaked my interest. I can't remember the last time I have seen a new release generate this kind of excitement. The Montana has been pretty popular but it's always been a love/hate relationship sort of popularity. Kinda like it started a new boy scout program to help displaced children but at the same time got caught sleeping with the neighbors wife.

This new Barrett Fieldcraft seems like a great lightweight rifle that does exactly what it advertises

I realize we are talking about apples and oranges here but it still seems to be a popularity contest as of late. How many of you Tikka fans are considering a possible change in your future mountian/pack etc rifle. For me the Montana just never quite got there for me. It seems the Fieldcraft may be just what I've been waiting for

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 11/21/17.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field