I own several Tikkas and have never found one that needed any degree of tweaking. Basically, the shoot, right out of the box. And the Tikka rifles feed flawlessly from a detachable magazine

One reason I'd NOT own a Barrett Fieldcraft is because of the lack of a hinged floorplate or detachable magazine.

A couple times, I've had pine needles and such drop into my saddle scabbard and get into the blind magazine of the ULA rifle I was hunting with. This buggered up the feeding of cartridges and it cost me two bull elk. No more blind magazines for me.

(For those who don't know, when hunting on horseback, you NEVER carry a round in the chamber. So, when you dismount to either hunt or kill, it is needful that the magazine allow rounds to feed. If the blind magazine is hung-chow or otherwise constipated, you are dicked ... and have to disassemble the rifle in the field. And that, after losing opportunities on two decent branch-antlered bulls led me to the opinion that a serious big game rifle should not have a blind magazine. Obviously, YMMV, and that's fine and dandy)

If the Barrett had a hinged floorplate or a drop magazine, I might consider one. Otherwise, no ... actually, HELL NO.

kd