OK, this is a question for the older jokers and a chance to pass along tips learned the hard way at the load bench.

What do you do that might be outside the norm and not according to instruction(s) at the load bench?

My .02 cents:

I decap as a separate step, clean and prep. Prep for bottle neck cases includes sizing and neck expanding (on the down stroke) as separate steps.

I weigh all charges for rifles and anything approaching max charges for handguns.

If a particular rifle hints that it is run out sensitive my first step is to index the cases after measuring RO and orienting the case in the chamber in like fashion for each shot. Easier done with single shots, or by single loading a repeater. The gun's response will tell you if this is an issue and if so, pull out the neck turning equipment and have at it...a wee bit at a time. There are other ways to deal with concentricity issues, but a uniform neck wall is a good start.

I anneal for jacketed bullets about every 4-5 shots and every other load cycle for lead. If loading cast bullets, the M-die or equivalent is a godsend and a taper crimp is the way to go.

Primer pockets are cleaned with a uniformer with each loading. It does it's job on the first round and cleans better than any tool I've used.

What's in your bag of tricks?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain