Cool topic.

I too decap all fired cases in a separate operation. I also clean all, or most of the powder residue on the outside of the necks with Hoppes #9, then throw them in a tumbler for a few hours. Probably doesn't make much of a difference in actual performance, I just like clean cases.

I use check weights to set my balance scale at the start of each and every powder charging session. I use stick powder exclusively, which can be very course. So I weigh every charge. Tried digital scales years ago, but noticed they would lose calibration often enough during the powder charging sessions to be a real pain in the neck. Once set, the balance beam scales are rock solid.

Seldom use expander balls anymore, except to clean up the necks on virgin brass. I discovered years ago, the neck expansion step made a lot of straight case very crooked. These days I use pin gages/bushing dies to measure/set neck tension. I don't turn necks. I like to use Norma and/or Nosler brass so I never found it to be necessary.

Usually neck size only for the first 2 or 3 firings, then anneal the necks and use a body die to set back the shoulder and resize the body.

Use a "critter", if I have one, to measure shoulder set-back and bullet seating depth. A "critter" is about an inch or so of the tag end of a barrel reamed to shoulder depth with the same reamer as used on the chamber. Of course this is available only from a gunsmith with a rebarrel job. It is a very useful tool. First time I saw one, had to call the gunsmith to ask him what it was and what was it used for. As soon as he told me, it was an "A Ha" moment.

Only crimp cartridges .40 caliber and up, but I haven't hand loaded the ,375 H&H much. I may discover the .375 H&H needs crimping too. Like to use the Lee Factory Crimp die.