Originally Posted by Mesa

Nice! Under-appreciated, like many Savages (I don't say that like it's a BAD thing....).

Definitely under-appreciated or at the very least not overly inflated when it comes to price. My other vice is 5 screw S&W N Frames. Those take a bit more cash.

Originally Posted by Calhoun
Nice!

Of course, to be complete you need examples of all of those without the Monte Carlo stock also. grin

I've never seen a first year non-MCL. That would certainly enlarge the collection and be some fun searching.

Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Lloyd, my buddy is a lefty. Another one of his friends asked him if he wanted an old Savage backward rifle? Turned out it's a left hand 110 in 308. He said it's very accurate, but a little beat, so he turned it into his bad weather gun. All I know about it is when he wanted to scope it he was told it's an early model. I saw it once and it didn't look all that beat to me. I can get the serial and have him check for a date code. If he wants to let it go are you interested? Joe.

I'd be interested if it's a first year lefty. I'm guessing the serials are between 17000-27000ish with the K code on the barrel (or possibly a J code if they still had spare barrels from 1958).

Thanks