Bob was one of the saner looneys and always a gentleman, RIP.

One thing about the often quoted Scandinavian study is hunting methods and conditions are very different there. For one thing you have to be able to shoot to get a license including a simulated running moose target. A number of hunts are for control work where the shooting of yearlings is encouraged over a mature moose. In Norway Moose are frequently hunted with dogs and the Elkhunds bay the moose for a stationary shot usually at close range. JB and others who have hunted there can corroborate this.

Will the 6.5 take larger game, yes and has done so repeatedly. Does a larger caliber provide a better safety margin, yes in my book no question. Moose are not hard to kill but are massive and the bones can be four times the size of a white tails. Sheldon took all 29 species of NA game with the 6.5x54 and others have too. But I would prefer the 06 for all species and the 375 would make me even happier on any dangerious game and bigger deer and antelope.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli