Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
So what is the modification? The set sent by the Whittakers staff along with my Tikka T3x fit just fine.

Assuming that they are the 16Bore mod, they are milled so that the ringmount hangs down below the dovetail top surface. A freckle lower, and a skosh better in the looks department. Other than that, you aren't missing anything with what you already have. It's purely cosmetic, but we know that "looks" can be an important factor for many rifle nuts. I'm not immune to that.

Jason

Ok so, if I understand it correctly, the modified bases will still only fit in the pre-located holes and not be attached via the rail. I'll call and ask Chris at Talley to be sure.

Well Chris and Gary have not heard of this so I presume there is someone doing this an an aftermarket modification for the Lightweight model. Ok. Free enterprise is a wonderful thing.

They fit the same pre-located holes and arern't attached via the rail. These modifications are after market. A local gunsmith does them -- just as 16Bore's dad did in the past.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!