71 lemans sport
I was 19 and had to see if the Pontiac would do the 140 on the speedo....it was late at night no one on the road , there was a 3 mile stretch of good flat highway ..I did see tail lights way up ahead but who cares. I stomped it and Pegged it.when I came closer to the tail lights I saw it was not moving so I backed it down to around 100...when I went by the car it was a state patrol....I shut it down and just pulled off the road...I was about a mile ahead of him when I pulled off....and just waited.....he waked up and asked if I had it wide open..I said yes sir...he took my license and wrote me a ticket for 10 over...then gave me a lecture and said he could take my license and impound my car...he was pretty cool and said he gave me a break because I pulled over..
Now that I know he actually had nothing on me really....he was probably doing a report on a previous stop and I probably scared the crap out of him when that Pontiac blasted by...non the less I sure deserved a ticket for that one ....I have had a few 8-10 over that I never should have Been ticketed for..