when I was younger I kinda gave up on lever action rifles,my main reason the lever action rifle was mostly a short range rifle that did not have the ability to shoot the better hi-power cartridges. well that change 2 years ago when at my gun shop I scope up a Browning BLR 308 Win,with factory loads this BLR 308 shot about a inch 3 shot groups,but when I loaded barnes x bullets and as specified by barnes reloading manual using a neck crimp die" lee crimp die" this gun with just a leupold 3x9 shot 3/8 inch holes by me and son,i was hooked again with a lever plus it had a magazine so shells did not get points wreck.i gave this 308 BLR to my son for Christmas last year plus 3 boxes of handloads. son shot a huge 8 pt whitetail and a very nice 5x5 mule deer out west with this BLR 308 this fall 2017,what son learned was this gun was good tell about 300 yards and was a breeze to carry in the foothills. I also purchased 300 win. mag this BLR shoots 5/8-3/4 inch groups at 100 yards off a bench , this rifle does have recoil too,gun shoots with this 130 grain barnes x bullet 3400 fps but I did not use this lever rifle this fall. I am waiting for some one to make a picatinny base for a BLR long action and short action too so I can mount a niteforce scope on this 300 win mag,this size lever 300 win mag will have 500 yard capability maybe farther with a bi-pod ? the Browning BLR has been made for many years I just have overlooked this powerful /accurate lever,but glad this lever is still made today ! I also wished Browning made a couple more different cartridges like a 6.5 x 284 and a 338 win. mag and have 24 inch barrels on both, I will recommend this that Browning do this at the dealer show this winter. so don`t give up on levers these BLR`s do shoot well and have long range capability with these hi-power cartridges !

Last edited by pete53; 12/06/17.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman