Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This one is right down the road,...but it's way more tractor than I need, for sure.

https://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/d/farmall-400/6397490670.html
That one has the IH fast-hitch too.. Very handy, that - and quite frankly I'm surprised it's asking price is that cheap..

The field being worked in the video looks to be pretty good sized - those boys are gonna be out there a while with those rigs..

I didn't look at the picture until now. That is a pretty nice tractor.

What it seems like is there really is a wealth of 50's era semi-restored tractors in the 30hp +/- range that can be had for about $3500. You just have to find the one you want.

I think I'd be looking for someone who is bundling implements into the mix as a package deal. Spend $4500, get a bushhog, blade, box grader - kind of the tractor starter kit

That's definitely a thought. But the big trick is finding an old tractor that's not worn down to a nub. That's difficult enough. Finding one that's not worn down to a nub with a compliment of implements in close to impossible.

Certainly many of these pretty tractors would last a long time driving them in numerous county fairs whereas actually plowing a field with them (which probably isn't what you're going to be doing anyway) wouldn't contribute to their longevity.

True,...I won't be hooking a 3 bottom plow up and heading for the horizon.