Originally Posted by Full3r
Going through the safe getting rid of excess and decided I’m going to get a nice 22 for plinking and squirrel hunting. Is there any advantage of getting rid of my 10/22 and going to a different model. Always liked the looks of the browning autos and the old marlins. If a guy was only going to have one what would you do?

I've done it 3 times already. The formula starts with a 10/22 action, Jard 1 lb trigger, Volquartsen sharp extractor and recoil buffer, either Magnum Research (done 2) or Volquartsen (done 1) fiber wrapped .920 barrel, hogue stock, Talley B&R, and .. I'd probably change scopes. I've used Leupold RF specials in 4x and 2-7X in the past, but I think I'd do the 3-9 AO RF special with vertical CDS and horizontal wind-plex crosshair. Generally this setup produces half inch 5 shot 50 yard groups with HV hunting hollowpoint ammo, either CCI mini-mag HPs, WW power points, or bulk Federal in my guns. Also do well with subsonics.

The only other .22 that really interests me is a Winchester model 75 heavy target gun.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...