I know this thread began as a discussion of 260 vs 308. As I have grown older, I look for ways to lessen felt recoil when possible. The 6.5 caliber offerings today give me that possibility without sacrificing performance on game. I love my 308 but it gets left in the safe more and more as the Creedmoor and 260 have proven themselves in the game fields to my satisfaction.

I have both, the Creedmoor and the 260, along with a 6.5 Swede. Factory loadings for the Creedmoor are far more varied than for the other 2 calibers. All the factory ammo I've shot through my Creedmoor are very accurate. So accurate in fact, I haven't had to begin loading for it, yet.

I will not get rid of the 260 even though I shoot the Creedmoor a bit more now, even though it may not push bullets any faster than the 260. I believe, if I wanted to do a handload comparison, I would find the 260 runs faster than the Creedmoor for most all hunting weight bullets. When you get over 140 grains, the Creedmoor may begin to show a faster fps than the 260. That's my 2 cents. Your results may vary.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 12/19/17.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.