I hope to hunt elk in 2019 with my 30 year old son.

I finally decided to fore-go a new rifle and work with my M700 CDL 280 Remington. Bought it in 2004 or so... soon after purchase I replaced the J-lock abominination with an aftermarket Gretan firing pin assembly with gloss red bolt shroud from Brownells. It is topped with Talley low rings and a Conquest 3-9x40. Added an uncle mikes 1" nylon sling. Rifle has been in the safe for several years without use. the trigger is stock with no adjustments - it has given me no troubles...i have maybe 100 rounds thru the rifle since purchase.

Pulled it out and can't bring myself to subject the walnut stock to elk hunt harsh weather... Could not bring myself to spend $750 on the Brown Precision stock (have never held one in my hands and have no rifle buddies who can demo one to me), so decided to roll with the sale offered by Stocky's for a B&C 2265 Alaskan Ti black with red web. the stock arrived and weighs 30 ounces.

Also ordered from Nosler some 140 grain e-tip they are running a sale on... the specs are MV 3000 fps, with a 200 yard zero the bullet is down 19" at 400 yards with V = 2261fps and E = 1589 ftlb... can't imagine that not being sufficient V and E for the bullet to expand and punch thru an elk at 400 yards from any angle...

if all this comes together with MOA accuracy i believe this rifle is set, other than one of Redneck's bolt-handle enhancements...

Last edited by Dogger; 01/01/18. Reason: spelling