amazing that some still think hunters are to blame and ignore the most obvious problems

Good observation about wolves using roads to move and wipe out game. ask any outfitter up in Canada what the biggest problem is now regarding lack of moose, elk and deer and they will say the wolves and bears to a lesser extent. And wolves breed like rabbits and increase population about 30 per cent a year.

The only proven way to control them is trapping and poison and govt will never allow it up north. Idaho down here has finally beginning to start getting wolves under control but have many years yet to reduce populations. But they allow trapping and can shoot them from planes and helicopters

Originally Posted by 7 STW
Originally Posted by 673
Greydog
Your right I am refusing to accept responsibility for game pop reduction, why is that my fault, I never shot anything this year, is it my fault?
I thought I was clear on who to point the fingers at.
Resident hunters didn't give away 25% of the annual allowable harvest to G/O, not my fault either.

Your fellow hunters are not the reason for poor habitat, why not look to the forest companies who put FA back into wildlife initiatives?
They dont de-activate the roads, and all they do is take.

Something to keep in mind is...If you think that if some seasons are changed for a short time then re-instated, think again, once there gone they wont be coming back.
Yes it is hunters who have greater access= more game shot, I agree.
Its also allowing wolves to move freely like panzer divisons, moving efficiently along the man made corridors, however when your dealing with wolves who breed like rabbits, have no enemies, except man, we will never shoot even a small % of wolves.

Theres going to be huge increases in ungulate pops once the fire habitat comes to fruition, it will be short lived unless they address the vehicular traffic in these new areas,,,,,fire=habitat and it is that simple.

Why should the resident hunting community be held accountable for poor ungulate numbers?

Your correct