Originally Posted by jimmyp
I know were all about talking guns here so we ponder this or that but I guess with a bunch of 9mm glocks I am kind of locked in and wonder to myself "is this that much better"?
"Better, best", it's all REALLY subjective. I acknowledge that Glock's are great pistols, but they really just don't blow my skirt up.
These days there are a bunch of truly outstanding pistols out there. I think there's so much "hive mind" that are stuck on Glocks, that some are missing out on some pistols that could possibly be better fits for them.
I have never been crazy about the grip on most Glocks, and I think there are a lot of pistols with better triggers. That isn't to say I dislike Glocks, they're great pistols...and I keep threatening to buy a 19. It's just that every time I go to pull the trigger as it were, I find something I like better.

One cool thing about my CZ P-07...it uses the same holster as a G19/23, so if I ever do buy one, I'm already set for gunleather.

I recently took the Beretta APX out for a test drive. Ergonomics were simply outstanding...reminds me of a Hi Power with Spegel grips...yeah, that good! Trigger was meh... Not bad, not great. Accuracy was decent. Can't decide if I really like it. Design wise, I think it's a very slick design. I guess I'll have to give it a few years to see how well it works.