I too have a post here about my recently acquired 17HMR anschutz 1517. Accuracy at 100 was nearly impossible to comprehend, enlarged single hole. At 150 it was 5 shots into two holes one above the other. I would say it's the most accurate gun I've ever shot at 100 yards, without any question.

Not only is it that accurate but the bimart has 50 rounds of CCI for 8 bucks a box. Why use a centerfire? I cannot hand-load more accurate or less expensive ammo. Any idiot can look like a marksman with this rifle. I have had .22 rimfires that were stupid accurate, but the entertainment value was limited to 50-60 yards. This triples or quadruples that range, now we have an entertaining rifle!

The velocity at 100 yards with the 17 is higher than the .22RF at the muzzle with a much better BC getting it to 200 well ahead of the .22RF at 100. I need the perfect scope now. I would like a BDC crosshair and 16 power at the high end. 44-50mm obj although if I had to 40 mm would work. I can imagine a BDC with 50 yard drop increments built in. This would be the sweetest mini sniper rifle! Kinda like the Vortex Viper HS 4-16 X44

Last edited by JJHACK; 01/11/18.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)