Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Gemby, your explanation of cost is not apples and apples today. Using 1994 price levels is an odd way of sharing cost, at least to me. I don’t view reloading as a brilliant enjoyable past time. It’s great for precision loads but not for volume at least for me.

My time value has also got to be figured into the mix. I can be doing a lot of other things in my life than reloading bulk ammo in volume. Not to mention I could not load it to be more accurate.

i can quote 94 prices as that's what I paid and still have a box and ahalf left so this is what it cost me to load, its alot cheaper than 17HMR prices, and kills one heck of alot better, more accurate and less wind sensitive, I enjoy reloading, i better i do it every day for at least 2 to 3 hours, if I didn't I would not do it or pay someone else to do it.

Holy crap man. I am a little bit disappointed I have to explain this to you. You were extolling the cost benefits of reloading based on the price you paid for reloading components a quarter century ago. That's like me getting into a "which gun" discussion and trying to convince people to buy a Winchester Model 70 based on what I paid 25 years ago. That's plain damn dumb.

I'm saying that I rather go load 223's then go pay $10+ a box for HMR ammo, I can load a hundred rounds of 223 less than a box of HMR holy crap man