Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by rost495

Its a damn shame though really. We had planned to run into fairbanks ever so often and buy a month or more worht of food etc.. at a time. Can't really afford it in Delta I dont' think.

Oh well, just have to work harder/longer while there.

To-be-honest,-I-nearly-didn't-renew-the-membership-I've-had-for-years-when-Sam's-was-a-really-good-annual-shopping-place-for-rural-folks.These-days,-with-the-Fred-Meyer-stores-we-have-in-Fairbanks,-there-isn't-much-we-buy-at-Sam's-which-we-can't-get-for-better-prices-at-Fred's.....and-much-better-selection-and-friendly,-helpful-employees.-And-the-few-bulk-things-we'll-miss-we-can-probably-get-from-Amazon.-(Paper-products-are-probably-the-biggest-ones.)

Sam's Club opens the doors early, and ahead of the general public, to chefs and restaurant owners around Fairbanks. These people buy produce, oil, and all kinds of foods by the ftat- cart load. The closing of Sam's Club will affect every restaurant and other food-related business in Fairbanks and vicinity, as well as in the bush. It will also affect people living all over the interior who drive to Fairbanks a time or two a month to buy food in bulk.

Last edited by Ray; 01/12/18.