Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by RJM
Just bought a nice 1966 Ruger Bearcat yesterday...

[Linked Image]

Also on the list...a Ruger GP100 4" stainless .327 Federal and maybe a blue 5"...and a GP100 10mm when they get around to it...

Well done sir!!

Those are SO great for teaching the young ones to shoot. Size and weight is just right, and they're just off the charts cool! A friend of mine took a stainless one and did a M&H Skull Crusher grip conversion; OMG it is awesome!

For the adults, the Bearcat is one AWESOME .22LR in a very small package. Great to throw in the pack.

I also like pocket .32 ACP's for the kids. Something the size of a PP, Beretta Puma, etc, is like an adult holding a full sized auto. My daughter at age 8 just straight went to work with my Astra 3000 in .32.

In 1966 I was 14 and doing some trapping. My parents ok'd me buying a handgun and I narrowed it down to a Beretta Mix .22 Short and a Ruger Bearcat...I made the wrong choice in getting the Mix...

Shot this one yesterday and it shoots dead to the sights at 10 yards... This one is about 98%...twhat looks like bluing wear on the barrel is just a reflection.

David Clements is now rechambering the all stainless ones into .327 Federal and even at $1300 a pop has a long line of people waiting...

Last edited by RJM; 01/13/18.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....