Originally Posted by Bently
I have an old Model 94 in .30 WCF that has to be charitable a very bad bore. I am in process of cleaning it. Currently, I can hit a 10" gong with it offhand everytime at 50 yards (haven't tried any further),using factory ammo.

In fact, it it sitting on the kitchen table as I type, with the 5th or 6th load of foaming cleaner soaking.

After I finish cleaning the barrel, I will shoot it again to see if it's accurate enough to hunt with at the intended .30 WCF distances.

If I cannot get it to shoot acceptably, is it possible to reline to barrel to .30 WCF ?

This is a weapon that will never be sold, as it is a family heirloom.

Several good options given above... my thoughts are colored by the fact I have had more than a few similar firearms; family guns, but "accuracy issues" and expensive fixes beyond the value of the gun. Rebores are cheaper than rebarrels, but more iffy... rebores require marring original stamping.

I have several different guns I had a twist applied to with mostly very good results...

Rebore and get a chamber adapter... or skip the rebore all together

http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

Not the ideal, but dirt cheap and it keeps the lead flying...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.