Well...the first step is to actually get the bore clean to see what you have there.

30-30s seem especially prone to layers upon layers of buildup over the years...hell centuries, and Foaming Bore Cleaner may not be enough to make a dent in the debris in that bore. An Outers Foul Out is sometimes necessary, or a trip to a gunsmith that can do it at a professional level.

Once you get down to bare metal and know where you stand, you can make your choice of the other options.

I have some guns that aren't ready for prime time, but I wouldn't go to heroic efforts to make them so...they aren't damaging my wallet by sitting there in the safe.

I've owned and worked on rifles with real ugly bores...bores that had been shot with corrosive ammo and left out in the rain or snow or under hay in the barn for decades or buried in mud and left on the battlefield, or whatever, but when they were thoroughly cleaned...no they actually looked worse...but...they shot fine.

The fact that your rifle sends bullets downrange right now without tumbling is a good sign and mostly all a 30-30 really needs to do.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."