Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I shoot 3.5" shells in my Nova almost to exclusion of anything else. The recoil doesn't bother me in the least. If I were shooting high over my head, where I could roll with the kick I might notice it more.

As for the pistol grip, I don't think I would like it, might sprain my wrist or something trying to shoot it in an awkward position.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Beretta A350 Outlander would give you less recoil, lower price, same quality as the Benelli. You can get it in a turkey version with 24" camo barrel.

I can't find an A350 Outlander, only the Xtrema. The Outlander is A300 which is only 3" chamber. The 350 and 400 are 3.5". That A400 Xtreme looks nice too

Yes, you are correct, it's listed as an Xtrema. The A350 is supposed to be the 3.5" version of the Outlander, meaning they are a bit cheaper. The A350 is actually a better gun in my opinion, as it uses the Blink system which the Outlander does not.

I'd go with that or the Remington Versa Max Tactical, which many guys love since it clearly has the softest recoil of any 3.5".