After pulling the trigger on a 270 for over 50 years...being able to buy ammo anywhere from the Pleasure Palaces in the Zona Rosa across the River, to any gas station, diner or C Store in deer country, the surgery I had at VA Dallas in '06 to dig a fist sized tumor out of my neck and wrecked my shooting shoulder in the process, has finally caught up with me.

So I am in the middle of test driving some possible replacements in another 6.5 Swede in a T3, a M70 XTR 7x57 aka the 7-08's grandaddy and will spend all this year also downloading a 270 to see which one caliber will live with me the rest of my life, along with it's sisters and brothers in Sunday Go to Meeting dress up to something that I can paddle the jon boat with in the swamps in East Texas.

I'd never owned a 7mm before this last year, shot some 7Rmg's and thought they were a little too brisk for not that much more than I was getting out of a same length barreled 270. The old M70 Mauser has made a believer of me at 200 yards on paper for extended load ladders and such. The 1st T3 Swede was my go to when I got out of Rehab in '08 but I never shot anything out of it except 120gr'ers either. So that classic phrase of "We'll See What Happens NOW said the Blind Man" comes to mind. One caliber to feed is lot more easy if it'll do everything I want out of it...and an old friend has been using a 7-08 on his last 2 trips across the pond veery succesfully enough to make me go hmmm??
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.