It's funny,as I started to respond to this post, Elk City ambulance was being called to respond to a medical problem.Ya,I live by and spend virtually 100% of my time in the Elk City/Dixie area.I try to spend as much time as I can(atleast a month) in the summer in that area getting firewood.I take my time and enjoy the area...The wolves have made an impact for sure and they virtually run the streets of the town at night.Ate on a few horses of a friend and chew on the dogs..No love lost for wolves in that area and little chance of getting ratted on if someone made a mistake and dusted some.I used to deliver logs to the Elk City mill before it went down.

It is a big area and there is no way one could read it right by a map.For the most part,all the old logging roads are gated and locked come hunting season but it gives some mighty good walking into some great country.It seems the game moves every year,either from hunting pressure or wolves.They hang around town in the winter for protection and spread out as spring comes.It's always interesting to see where there at come spring and summer.

A couple years ago my wife and I were sitting in camp waiting for my son to get off work and show up hunting because he had the only tag for that area.We chose another tag for an area real close.As we sat there by the fire sucking on a cold beer the dogs growled and got all defensive..I thought it might be a moose that was hanging around but I grabbed my rifle in case it was one of my favorite wolves in the area.Dang..A big 'ole bull trotted through the river and just stood there staring at the dogs at maybe 50 yards...Talk about being a good samaritan...I scoped it as it just glared at the dogs...That was hard to pass on, but I am a law abiding citizen.(laughing)..It waddled on and up the hill to live another day..My son never did make it as he was sick and my wife strongly suggested we leave before I did something stupid....She rules and we left under my not firm enough objection...

I have alot of pictures of that area and some of Elk out the window of our trailer and Wolves, but I haven't messed with photobucket much since there choice to screw us without warning....I might try to fetch a couple and post them here for you if I can get the chromebook to co-operate.

Jayco