I misjudged this offering. It appears that Tikka rifle owners will be a ready market for matching Tikka rimfires. Since I dont own a Tikka and not been impressed with the sako rimfire, my reception is little cooler. My Ruger experience was that the QC is un-acceptable. It is a great design, trigger and action. I ended up buying two before I was fully satisifed. The early issues include cockeyed sights and stock forearm rubbing the barrel. If Tikka can price match, match performance and up the QC, that should get it done. It will never be a beautiful walnut stock gun like Anschutz or CZ, but; they could provide stiff competition in the plastic class. The Tikka name, gives them a head start. All they have to do is "not mess up".

This maybe just me, but; I would thank that any plastic/synthetic stocked rifles would default to stainless. Rugged, all weather, I mean what is the point blue steel and plastic? Just cheap? It has got to me. If not stainless, then some miracle coating like they use on handguns. Not matt. Tough. Stainless does not even meed a finish. That should offset the small uptick in material or machining cost. Yea, I got a Ruger, I took what was offered.