I’m really hoping the Ranger Raptor version is available in the US. That could really interest me. Rumors it could be revealed at Chicago Auto show this month. Not that I need a desert racer, but I’m not against the cool factor and better tires and extra clearance does come in handy at times. I had a Ranger many years ago and it served me well enough. Also had a couple Sport Tracs which were great vehicles. Kind of a Swiss Army knife of vehicles. Had an FJ Cruiser which I liked but it had a couple issues Toyota wasn’t interested in fixing. Currently have an F150 with the 3.5 EB and I am sold on the EcoBoost engines. I get 20mpg commuting to work and can get 23-25 on backcountry roads when limited to 50-60 mph. Simply switching between modes (towing, sport, regular) is like having different engines they are so distinct. Only drawback to the F150 is size. While useful at times, I’ve found I can do nearly all I need with a smaller truck and it’s easier to get around. The new Ranger looks to be about right to me. Only possible issue for me is towing a horse trailer. Have two good sized Trakehners that we need to get around.
This, new to US, Ranger ought to be a good truck. They continued selling Rangers around the world so it’s not really a completely new truck. See many of them in Australia, the Middle East, S.Africa, and Central America. Kind of wish they went with aluminum panels and bed to save weight and eliminate rust as an issue.
I’ll be checking them out once they hit the lots next year.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-ranger-raptor-teased-february-7-debut/

Last edited by prm; 02/02/18.