Lots of the local farm and ranch guys around here have been going back to gassers, I know of 3 Fords with the 6.2, 1 Dodge 6.4, 3 Chevy 6.0 and one guy found a super low mileage GMC with the 8.1 he bought. These are all 1ton duallys with bale beds. To a man they all say they were tired of DEF and the high maintenance cost of diesel. So far all I’ve talked to have been happy with the switch. They all pull gooseneck stock trailers and 5 or 6 bale hayvans.

I’ve been thinking about ordering a new F250 with the gasser and doing some research. The most common theme I find online is that you want to order or find one with the 4.30 rear end. It’ll rev a little higher on the highway but have more power off the line and for holding speed on the hills and when towing. One guy on FTE forum has a F350 with the 6.2 he had to replace the engine in recently, after the original gave up at 438k. I see used oilfield trucks for sale locally with 150k on the 6.2s. Gasoline engines seem to last a lot longer these days than they used to.

Diesel does seem to command a premium around here in used trucks, due to every 20something dude wanting one to put a set of stacks on I think. Dad is looking to replace his 2011 6.7 and last month he found 2 similarly equipped F250s, one gas and one diesel. The gas was stickered at $42k and the diesel was $54. He still hasn’t decided if he’s ready to go back to gas but he’s definitely considering it.