Howdy All,
Hoping for some advice. I've got an Interarms Whitworth 375 H&H Express (or Safari, not sure), beautiful wood and blueing, 26" barrel, absolute tack driver with everything I put though it. Basically the perfect rifle except for one thing--it is really quite nose heavy. It does look like they could have used this barrel profile for a 458 or something. The gun is a pleasure to shoot at the range, but definitely gets old carrying. I've got other rifles that weigh about the same as this one, but carry a lot better and swing on target faster because they are not so nose heavy. One obvious solution is to cut the barrel down, but I like a longer barrel on most rifles, unless I'm running a suppressor.

So...I am wondering. What's out there in factory 375's that's in the 25 or 26" barrel range, that will be roughly as nice as this Whitworth, but with a skinnier/lighter barrel contour? Unfortunately, other than the Cabelas near me which occasionally has a 375 in stock in the used section, there isn't really much for me to handle locally.

I also thought about having it rebarreled and getting exactly what I want but I am not sure where I can even find a rifle builder who will sweat that second recoil lug onto the barrel, or at least not a rifle builder who doesn't cater to a much higher income strata then I belong to. Also, fewer and fewer of the rifle builders around here seem willing to install iron sights...the money seems to be all in precision rifles.

Thoughts? Thanks very much in advance.