Originally Posted by seven_miller
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I'm amazed by all the threads that are titled "Cartridge X and RL26".

May give it a try with both the 180 and 200 Partitions in the Biesen.

Agreed. Its been great for velocity and accuracy in the 22-250, 6.5 CM, 7 WSM, and 300 WSM is what I have tried in in thus far personally. It also pushing 162 ELDX at 2700 fps out of a 24" 7-08 my buddy loaded up for it while I was working up the 7 WSM load. Cool to see there is great potential in it with the 30-06. Will be dorking around with some in that cartridge soon I hope.

Fwiw, I used to shoot the old 162 amax with 46 grains of RL17 for about 2725 out of a 22" 7-08 back when I had one a few years ago. Quickload estimate was that 2750ish would have been absolute top end. One of the guys ran a Quickload for me the other day just for curiosity, and that program thinks you should be able to get 2800 at 60K psi with RL26, if you could get enough in the case. It also thinks 2700 fps is possible with the 180 ELD.

Great Info. Thanks I don’t own a 7-08 but I will pass it along for him to try. What was the quickload fill volumes for those charges. I can’t recall what load the mat got him to 2700 but I do know there wasn’t much space in the case left.