Originally Posted by Hesp
Don't be fooled. The Henry All Weather is not an all weather rifle. It is chrome plating on the surface. No plating in the bore where the real protection is needed. Here where I live & hunt the weather can be very cold & wet. An unprotected bore can rust. A real all weather rifle has at least a stainless barrel. When you get ready to hunt you need to remove all oil from the bore plus shoot a fouling shot.If you don't the first shot out of an oiled bore can be way off. With my stainless barreled rifles I shoot a couple fouling shots before I go to hunting camp . Then I can hunt for days knowing my stainless Bbl. will significantly resist rust. I have seen carbon steel rust over night in a snowy hunting camp.I contacted Henry about their so called All Weather rifle& just got all kinds of excuses . Stainless cost more, but you get what you pay for.I think Henry makes a decent product but to call it all weather it needs to be stainless or at least a chrome plated bore.

Hard chrome is more weather resistant than stainless, and wears a helluva lot better. You can't scratch hard-chrome without working hard at it, but stainless scratches easily enough.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.