A $400 O/U is not likely to be of heirloom quality as are the rest of the Turkish made shotguns. Their low cost is the result of more than just the price of labor. They are no different than any other "price point" items in that they are meant to be disposable rather than repairable. One hundred years ago, Cresent Arms made shotguns for anyone that wanted to put their name on a shotgun; a few have lasted to this day but they are not priced very high, even for those very few in great shape. Trying to find parts when (not if) one has a breakage is usually an effort in futility as customer support is one of the plac s costs are cut. Same goes for gunsmiths, a good smith won't bother with them as fixing one requires more time and effort than it is worth for questionable results.

A 410 built on a true 410 frame is a joy to carry but a pain to shoot well. They have never been popular for this reason which is why they are so expensive. Anyone who uses a 410 for any serious amount of shooting chooses something heavier for higher and more consistent scores/results.

In the "affordable" range of roughly $2000-$3000+ there is Beretta, Ceasar Guerrini, and a few others. The Browning Cynergy is a bit heavier but is also a little less expensive at under $2000. The lower priced Berettas also fit into this category. The Browning Citori and Japanese made Weatherby/SKB and Franchi shotguns also fall into this grouping. I have a Citori and a Beretta 682 in 410 which have proven themselves reliable over and over again. Both were bought before choke tubes became popular but the recent models have them.

As I have already stated, I would be very, very leery of Turkish shotguns. They have come a long ways forward in quality but considering where they were they still have a ways to go.