Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Not to hijack your thread, but I’m still fighting the battle with Ryan Kelsey/Diablo. MANY empty promises. He contacted me out of the blue last May and said my rifle was completed and he would ship it next time he goes into town. Guess the liar doesn’t go to town much because I still haven’t heard or seen a thing.

He installed a fluted take of barrel for me (one of his barrels) and installed a side discharge muzzle brake. Muzzle brake was great but the barrel was a full half a flute off (in spite of my written instructions to index). Shipped it back with no insurance even though I sent $35 extra to cover the insurance. He worked on it again and the flutes are still off a little plus he forgot to re-index the brake, which now sits obviously off level and the gun torques at the shot. I'm just going to eat it at this point and pay someone else to do the work I already paid him to do.

257heaven,
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I've been down that road myself several times unfortunately, both in the past and recently. My local part time gunsmith quit when the ITAR rules came out. Had shoddy work by a couple of others since then. There is a gunsmith about 2 hours away recommended by the local guy who quit. I've spoken with him and he says he will do the work while I am there to save me another 2 hour drive. This is his website www.valleyviewguns.com . If he is as good as it sounds it will be well worth the drive.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5