I like it a lot.

About ten years ago I was visiting the LGS and there was a nice never fired 6mm walnut M77 on the consignment wall... seller asking $450. I offered $400 (confident he would not take it) and the seller took it (come to find out he inherited it, was not a rifleman, and just wanted $$$). Come to find out it is an early 90's M77 with the pushfeed bolt that looks like a CRF. I topped it with a VX1 2x7-33 and like the setup a lot. it is not light (8lb 2oz as I recall) but a pussycat to shoot. Factory ammo used has included Winchester PP, Remington CL, Federal 80 and 100 softpoints and Federal 100 NP. All shot about an inch to an inch and a quarter at 100 yards shooting off an impromptu rest. I like the cartridge because I like being a contrarian (I do not have a 243). I have not scored on any game animals with it but am confident the 100 NP will more than do the job if I do mine. As I get older, I realize this may be the rifle that takes me into my 80s if I make it that far.

as others have pointed out, the 243 and 6 Creed will keep stealing the show, but if you have a nice 6mm, who cares?