Back in the 50's my Dad and his buddies "sportarized" some Remington 03A3 Springfield's. That is what I used for several years on moose and caribou. My brothers son had it for several years after my Dad passed and I believe he ruined the bore by firing old WWII tracer ammo in it and not cleaning it. Found that out after I gave him 500 bucks for it.............

Off it went to Jess in Oregon and I now have a 338-06 for my big strong 14 year old grandson. I have a Boyd's salt and pepper Classic laminate stock coming for it and I will donate a very reliable Leupold Vari X III 2.5-8x36mm scope to him also in QD Warne rings. Once we get the stock bedded and see how it shoots we will probably get the Springfield type safety from Ed LaPour installed and a new bolt handle and eventually some NECG iron sights and finally a ceracote matte black finish.

Some WW brass and H4895 will be used to push 210 grain Barnes TSX bullets and it will prove to be a good killer of all Alaskan critters. If all goes well him and me will go bear hunting this spring.

I know I would of been money ahead to have found him a good Mod. 70 "Classic" 30-06 with the old style Winchester trigger, but I just hated to see the old rifle leave the family.

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 02/20/18.