The summit climbers are fantastic I have a goliath and an a closed front sd. Both are really stable hunting platforms. The goliath you can sit all day without any great difficulty. I added the optional rifle rest and I shot a deer from 375 without much trouble. That said you can remove the seat and keep it in the truck easily. Having a stand already in the woods is pretty nice but from my experience the deer know where they are especially does and mature bucks. I found this especially so with ladder stands I would be hunting 1 hundred feet from a ladder stand with my climber and it was surprising how much attention the stand gets from a leery doe with little ones even when the stand has been there for years. I can only assume that hang ons get the same attention.

Climbers are nice because you can go from tree to tree depending on conditions. A nother nice thing about climbers is you can change the height for early or late conditions. In the late season when the deer have been pressured it's nothing for me to climb 30' in my goliath. In the early season it 8' to 12' depending on leaves. You can't do that in a ladder you can probably do it with a hang on but you better have a lot of ladder sections and you can't go down without removing ladder sections.

Deer do not know you are there when you're 30' high without a lot of movement.

All that said there are plenty of summit look a likes out there that are probably plenty comfortable. But I know where I will be next season.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob