The top rifle is my dad's Husqvarna 458 in .308 Win, which he bought nearly new in the early 60's. It's the only deer rifle I ever saw him hunt with. Several years ago he gave it to me, as he can no longer get out into the woods very easily. It is wonderfully balanced and weighs 8 lbs. It's very accurate, too, shooting around MOA with several factory loads. I'm going to start shooting some of my hand loads in it this spring to see what it will do. The original nose cap, which went all the way to the end of the barrel, was lost several years ago, and the only replacement I've been able to find is the stainless one now on it.

I actually just got the CZ 550 FS 30-06 last night. Although used, it is in perfect condition and included the Leupold VX-1 2-7X and Talley QD rings. It weighs 8.5 lbs., but then again it is a long action and has all steel bottom metal, whereas the Husky is all alloy bottom metal. Looking forward to shooting this one soon, too.

[Linked Image]

As can be seen in this photo, the Husqvarna is a bit slimmer through the fore end, measuring .89" across the wood at the point closest to the nose cap, whereas the CZ is 1.00" The Husqvarna's stock is 1.62" wide just forward of the receiver, whereas the CZ is 1.87".

[Linked Image]